Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Here I Am

Well, here I am, sitting at my computer, starring at a blank screen, wondering "what am I doing here". Then I look at the title of this blog and I suddenly remember, My Kids are making me do this! They have been after me for a while to start blogging and I have faught a good fight, but in the end I gave in. I really don't feel like I have a lot to say and my life is mostly pretty hum-drum, and I have been told I am a shallow thinker - so I was like what in the world would I write about. But a couple of months ago I really started thinking about this blogging idea and I have thought of several posts I really would like to write down. And even though I really do not want to admit this to the kids, I am sorta excited about this whole blogging idea. I have been wanting to get up here all day and get this first post done, I have had this gitty feeling in my stomach. I am kinda silly like that.

I should probably advise anyone coming to this blog to just move on. It will probably be sorta boring to anyone but me. I am not real good about sharing my "inner feelings" or my "opinions"
with anyone but my little family. It scares me a little to know that "others" may read this and learn more about me - like, I really do have things to say, my life really isn't that hum-drum and I really can think deep (I just don't like to).

I am thinking of this blogging as a new journey that I am going to take and I think I am really going to like this journey. I may even have to admit my kids were right in getting me into this, but I am not going to go that far just yet.

Gratitude: Thank you Lord for my kids and the ideas they have to make me "get out of my safety zone".

Today's Prayer: Help me to be a better person each and every day.

4 comments:

John Pierce said...

Mother,
The only person who ever says you're a shallow thinker is you, and you are, clearly, not worth listening to on that point.

John Pierce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Pierce said...

I can't believe that anyone (in his right mind) would ever call your thinking shallow.
Love,
The Smart-Aleck

Kalyn Gensic said...

Yay for your first blog!!! Just do what I do if you hit writer's block. If you can't think of anything to write about, post a picture of Abby that's really cute. Blogging is so easy!