Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Trot

My boss' daughters decided to have a Tanner Turkey Trot 5 k run for Thanksgiving Day. I did not do the Turkey Trot, but I did get up early and go to the track and I walked for not 2, but 3 miles!! Yea, for me!! They inspired me and I really enjoyed it. The mornings at our track are beautiful. I got to see the sun come up and then it was hid behind some beautiful clouds. I thought of Thanksgiving and all I have to be thankful for - waaayyy to much to list. I thought about Thanksgiving past - my house was full of people and food. Grandma and Grandpa Pierce are both gone, Aunt Doe is has passed on, Brandi has grown up and left, Grandma Farr is no longer with us. This year Uncle Edwin got to go see some of his own children. And Kalyn and BJ have new wonderful jobs (that we are very thankful for) and can not be here this year. My crowd will be small, the food is still MUCH. I do have my first born with me.YEA!!!! Bill and Paulette will also be here. It will be a great day. To end my day I plan on winning a game of Ticket to Ride. Yep, gonna beat Dad and Bro. What an ending - full tummy, clean house, and be a winner. I should start more days Turkey Trottin' - ends up being a wonderful day.

Graditute: All the wonderful memories of Thanksgiving Past
Prayer: Thank you Lord for another Thanksgiving Day, but help me to remember all the blessings you give me EVERY DAY.

2 comments:

John Pierce said...

Mother,
Sorry you can't be thankful about beating me in the games tonight. I seem to have slaughtered you pretty well, sort of like a turkey.

You still did pretty well, though. You were so tired from your walk this morning that I know you'd totally given out by five or so and could hardly concentrate enough to breath. You can be thankful, at least, that you have a son who's smart enough to clobber everyone at pretty well everything. That's one good thing, at least.

Love,
JC

Kalyn Gensic said...

It makes me sad to think of how much smaller our table has become. Maybe me and BJ will have to have a kid and start repopulating the Pierce family.