Thursday, September 30, 2010

Engorgement and My Daughter

My sisters and I have really been having fun reading Kalyn's blog during her pregnancy. Kalyn is a good writer and some of the things that happen to her really make for a fun story.

Here is a little story that happened today that I just have found so funny I can not stop laughing about it.

I had emailed a couple of my sisters and told them that Kalyn was having breastfeeding class today. I figured this would be quite an adventure just knowing how the other eight months of this pregnancy have gone. I could not wait to hear what Kalyn had to say about this class.

When I got to work this morning I had an email from one of my sisters and in her note she had a little "helpful hint" for me to pass on to Kalyn. Her note said, "Do you mind if I give one hint? Maybe you already know this, but Cabbage leaves really do help the engorgement when the milk comes in." I found this interesting as I did not know this. I have been very amazed at all the things I have learned during Kalyn's pregnancy that I did not know. I really do not know how I managed giving birth to healthy babies and getting them reared! But that is another story for another time.

Kalyn called me just before she went to her appointment, so I read her this piece of advice from her aunt. She got really quiet then she said, "I hope I have no problems with engorging, I would really feel Eve-ish."

I lost it, been laughing all day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I learned this little piece of helpful information from my daughter-in-law, Sherian. I thought it was so interesting and from what I hear, it is really helpful to a new mother! I can understand the Eve-ish comment, though, sounds just like Kalyn!!! Love, Barbara

Kalyn Gensic said...

I stand by that statement.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell her that if she thinks she is huge now, just wait for engorgement to happen! Ugh!My brother stopped using his wife's name, he called her "Dairy Queen"!!
Deborah