Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas season has come and gone once again. As always, it was all a fun and memorable season. We have had JC home for a few days and that is sooooooo much fun for his dad and me.


I love everything about the season. I love the hustle and bustle of the shopping, I love watching the crowds, eating out (tradition - Chinese food on Christmas shopping day!), I love buying my family gifts and wrapping. And then giving those pretty papered gifts. I enjoy it all so much.

Our Christmas season starts the day after Thanksgiving when we put up our real tree in the living room. We get up fairly early on Friday morning, go to San Angelo, buy our tree and come home and put it up. We have always done this and it is so much fun, we all look forward to it. Kalyn and BJ and Shepherd were home for Thanksgiving this year so Kalyn wanted to put the tree up. She had not gotten to help us with our tree in four years and she wanted to help this year.



JC and BJ helped.



Abby loves a fresh tree.


Dad gets to be in charge of clean-up.




Of course, my favorite part was taking time outs to take my turn holding Shepherd.


By the end of the day the tree was done.


And the stockings were hung.


A few days later, the dining room tree was decorated.


And every other room in the house had a small tree.


Christmas Eve brought in family. Bill and Paulette.



And Edwin came on Christmas Day.



So Christmas 2010 has come and gone. It was wonderful.


And now, from my family to yours - we wish you a Happy 2011!


2 comments:

Kalyn Gensic said...

Next year, Christmas is going to be busy with a 14 month old. Are you ready?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have loved reading about your family this evening....you write your heart-felt feelings so beautifully. The pictures are all great, and the best of all are those of you with Shepherd. Grandchildren are the greatest blessings in life, aren't they? Thanks for sharing with all of us...Love, Dee