Thursday, January 24, 2013

Yum, New Recipes

I mentioned in my last post that this year I am going to be trying some new recipes.  I anticipated that I would do one a month.  I have totally surprised myself by already - January 24, 2013 - making three new dishes!

John and I are sooooooo sick of chicken.  BUT chicken is one of the main things we need to enjoy to stay on my WW plan.  We have tried two new chicken recipes.  Both of the recipes come from some of my WW cookbooks. 

The first one was Apricot-Lemon Chicken:





This dish was very good.  John and I both enjoyed it very much.  It was juicy, not dry and the sauce on the top was very tasty.  I loved the lemon zest because I got to use my new zester that I got for Christmas!

The second and third recipes I cooked tonight for supper, Double Mustard Chicken and Smashed Potatoes.





John and I both loved this chicken dish.  I will be cooking it again.  I love mashed potatoes, so at first I did not know if I was a fan of these potatoes.  The more I ate them the more I liked them.  John does not care for mashed potatoes and he really enjoyed these.  This chicken was not dry either and the sauce was really good.

It is so much fun trying new dishes.  I am so glad we are doing this.  

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Both of the chicken dishes look yummy. I especially would love to have the Double Mustard Chicken recipe - I want to try it this week!