Sunday, February 3, 2013

Great Idea - Never Happened; Trying It Again

Several years ago when JC and Kalyn were both in Abilene attending ACU John and I had a great idea.

We were driving home from one of our many trips to Abilene and we started talking about Christmas gifts.  We decided that we were going to think of 50 topics and each of us would write a page pertaining to that topic and then we would put all our stories and writings in a book and give it to the kids for Christmas. As we were driving along we thought of our 50 topics.  The next day I sat at my computer and wrote 50 Titles out on 50 sheets of  paper , two copies of each.  Punched holes, put in binders and we were ready to start writing.  Never happened.

About a month ago I found those two binders so neatly done.  Then I found a spiral where I had written out three stories that I was going to put in the "official" binder. Never happened.

I showed the binder to John today.  We read the titles on all fifty pages and laughed at some of the things we had come up with.  What were we thinking?

We have decided that we are going to make this happen though - just a little differently.  We are going to go ahead and write about the 50 things we had originally decided on, but we are going to put it on our blogs.

I hope this time we actually do it.  I think it will be fun.

Kids, you might even learn a thing or two about your ole parents (in-laws) that you did not know.

 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You sound just like me - starting a project and then coming across it again years later, unfinished. Hah! What a wonderful idea, though. I can't wait to read more!

John said...

Mother-Dearest,
You should post some of the topics. I am curious.