Wednesday, June 11, 2014

4. My Favorite Season

I love the different seasons of the year.

Spring brings newness, freshness.  Green grass, beautiful flowers, baby lambs, little chicks to name a few.

Summer brings much happiness.  Vacations, long day light hours, home made ice cream, fresh veggies, farmers markets.

Winter brings coziness.  Snuggle under a blanket with a warm cup of coffee and a good book. Christmas. New Year.

But my favorite season is Fall.  I love the warm colors of falling leaves and pumpkins.  I love to get in the kitchen and bake.  I love a little nip in the air. I love being able to open the doors and windows and letting the house air out, smells so fresh. I love walking through the park and watching the leaves fall. I love the hustle and bustle of the holidays coming. The shorter days mean I will get my stitching or scrap-booking  out and start making something memorable. You know it will not be long before family will start gathering for a holiday.

And there is nothing on earth that makes me happier than my dear family-John,  John Carol and Stephanie, Kalyn and BJ and Shepherd and Lydia (and any future little ones)  gathering around me.

No comments: