Tuesday, December 2, 2008

She Did Not Mean To Do It

The day after Thanksgiving has always been a fun and exciting day for our family. We go to San Angelo, shop a little, get a Christmas tree, come home and decorate for Christmas. When the kids were still at home I would always wrap them a gift and put under the tree. It was fun. This year John and J.C. and I went to get our tree, we had a great day. We decorated the tree when we got home and it was so pretty. We got in bed late, And at 12:30 a.m. we hear a CRASH. My little darling Abby (our cat) had given into temptation and knocked our tree over. It scared her and she ran and hid under our bed. Well, we cleaned up the water, picked up all the unharmed ornaments, swept up the broken pieces and tied the tree with yarn (the only thing we could find at that time of night), put Abby in the kitchen and went back to bed. The tree looked awful! About 5:30 a.m. I got up to go potty and John said " I am afraid Abby is getting cold in the kitchen, you better let her in here." So, I opened the door and she came straight to our bed, where she always sleeps at the foot of the bed. When I layed back down, she came up and laid on my chest and looked me in the eye - she laid down and went to sleep on my chest until 8:00 the next a.m. She looked up at me and I know she was saying, "I am sorry mommy, I Did Not Mean To Do It". I believed her. She is such an angel.

Gratitude: Abby, and all the happy times she has given to us.

Prayer: Thank you dear Lord for Abby - She has been so special to us. Keep her safe and healthy.

3 comments:

Kalyn Gensic said...

Tony would never have committed such an atrocious crime.

John Pierce said...

But Kalyn would. I remember Kalyn, in fact, knocking down the tree twice.

Anonymous said...

Your kids (3) are hilarious! -Haylee-