Friday, April 24, 2009

Thank You, Honey

Oh the sacrifices spouses have to make sometimes. When it comes to food, mine is the best.


Tuesday is weigh in day for my Weight Watchers meetings. I eat very little on Tuesdays, very little. A couple of weeks ago some of our very best friends from church called me at work and asked us to come over for lunch - it was a Tuesday. Of course I said yes. After I hung up, I paniced.



I went to pick John up as usual for lunch and on our way I said "Now, honey, we have to make a plan. I can control what I put on my plate, but the dessert will already be dished up, so when we get dessert you eat yours and I will just take a couple of bites and slide the rest of mine over to you and you finish it for me. Nobody will notice." He said "Deal."


Well, usually dessert is a small to normal portion at their house. But, they had bought two cakes from their precious great-grandson for a fundraiser. They had cut a good slice of both cakes and put on both our plates. John's eyes got hugh. I looked at him like "you can do this." John ate his, I ate a couple small bites off mine and slid it over to him - he ate it. He was sick.


John gained three pounds. I lost 1.6.


Thank you, honey.


Gratitude: For all John's support in this weight loss journey I am on.


Prayer: I pray daily for God's help to keep me focused on this journey.

1 comment:

Kalyn Gensic said...

Somehow, I doubt he really minded as much as he says he did.