Wednesday, January 6, 2010

E.S.T.B.S.

I teased one of my sisters today by not telling her what E.S.T.B.S. stands for. I have been meaning to do a blog post on this for a while and since I have put up my goals for 2010 I have been asked several times what it means.


A while back I was asked to list 25 random things about myself and one of the things I told was that I would secretly like to have a tattoo. If I ever got a tattoo it would be E.S.T.B.S. in my wrist. I do not know if anyone has ever noticed, but a lot of the time I have this written in ink on my wrist. It is just a reminder to myself of how I want to be.


I have also posted one of my favorite hymns, "Let the Beauty of Jesus Be Seen In You," before and it is a line from that song.


In my eyes, my mother was the sweetest person I have ever known on this earth. I will never be able to achieve her sweetness, but I want to live my life trying.


When I read in the Bible and see God's love - and Christ life, He was sweet. No I will NEVER be able to accomplish His sweetness, but I want to live my life trying.


E.S.T.B.S. - "EVER STRIVE TO BE SWEET"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that photographer for that picture was wonderful.
-Anonymous

Brenda said...

Okay Anonymous...what about that "ESTBS = Eat Sugar, Tacos, Butter, (and) Snickerdoodles"?

You had me REALLY confused about that one!

Kalyn Gensic said...

I still say getting tattoos together would be a fun mother-daughter activity.

Anonymous said...

get the tat!:) Deborah