Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Season, over

The holiday season is over - and it was a wonderful one! Ours lasted a little longer than usual this year, and we had some "first" this year. J.C. came in on Sunday before Christmas, so we got to enjoy him for several days. When Christmas Eve finally got here it was just me, John and J.C.,
this was a first. I am used to having more family here. But we had a great time. We opened gifts - one at a time (another first). And we took pictures and talked about the gifts, it was fun. Then on Christmas Day, once again just the three of us, we did not do the traditional dinner. We had roast the way Grandpa Pierce made it and mashed potatoes and veggies and pie. John did the cooking, because I came down with a 24 hour tummy bug! Then we played games, which is always fun - win or lose.


Kalyn and BJ came in on Tuesday afternoon after Christmas. We got to open gifts with them, we did the one at a time opening again - and that was fun. On New Year's Eve we made a lot of snacks and ate all night and played games and laughed the New Year in. New Years Day brought in more company and a big meal, lots of visiting, more gift opening, picture taking, game playing. It was a great day.


Of course all this fun holiday season had to come to an end sometime and anyone who knows me knows I am not good at goodbyes. It is hard. I love having those three kids and two dogs in my house. But the holiday season is over and I have so much to be thankful for - one being, having just had such a wonderful two weeks.


Gratitude: I am thankful for this past holiday season and all the wonderful memories made.


Prayer: I pray for my family and myself to live 2009 very pleasing in God's sight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you and the family had a wonderful holiday season. I am very thankful to say we did as well. Hope your 2009 is very blessed! Love ya, Haylee