Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let The Beauty Show

I like all kinds of music, today I am talking about religious songs. I am not a good singer. I have 7 brothers and sisters and they can all sing. When God made me, He must have forgot to bless me with one of those beautiful voices. And this is okay. I sorta get through songs in services, but I sometimes let my mind wonder. (I have been trying to make an effort to stop this mind wondering thing!) Sometimes, I feel we need to READ a song and truly take in what it is saying. From time to time I am going to write down one of the songs that is on my mind. Why am I doing this? 1) as I type it I will think on it and 2) it will not hurt anyone reading this to think on it also!

The first song in this "series" is "Let the Beauty of Jesus be Seen" . Let's read & really take it in.

LET THE BEAUTY OF JESUS BE SEEN
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me
All His wonderful passion and purity
May His Spirit divine all my being refine,
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.
When your burden is heavy and hard to bear,
When your neighbors refuse all your load to share
When you're feeling so blue, don't know just what to do,
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in you.
When somebody has been so unkind to you,
Some word spoken that pierces you thru and thru,
Think how He was beguiled, spat upon and reviled,
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in you.
From the dawn of the morning to close of day,
In example, in deeds and in all you say.
Lay your gifts at His feet, ever strive to keep sweet,
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in you.
During the holidays, everyone seems to be living up to this song a little more than usual, but I think I need to strive to live up to it a little more each day. When John became a deacon at our church, I had a "DD" calender - "Deacon Duty". Every day we made sure we did something good for someone from church OR from our community. Go visit someone, go to the store for someone, make a phone call to a shut-in or someone sick, etc. If we were on our way to bed and could not think of a "DD" we had done that day - we would write out a card to mail the next morning. It made us feel good. Nothing makes you feel better than doing for someone else. 2009 is right around the corner and the calendar is going back up. We need to remind ourselves to do better. Let's all strive to Let the Beauty Show.
Gratitude: I am thankful for Jesus' examples of beauty beening shown
Prayer: Please help me to show this "beauty" more often

1 comment:

Kalyn Gensic said...

Maybe we can give each other ideas on the DD and PWD (preacher's wife duty).