Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No Doubt

Let me just say - if anyone in our family has ever had a doubt about selling the farm, let me reassure you. Go to the farm and visit Barbara and Londale.

Let Barbara show you around the newly remodeled home - the house is beautiful, the decorating so gorgeous and fun. And the memories are everywhere. Let her show you the stools she has redone with old quilt blocks, the shawdow box with Mom's pink comb, the pictures, the quilts, the canned goods above the cabinets and the list goes on and on - and watch her face, it glows - she is so happy to be there.

As you start to leave, watch Londale pick up his cane and walk you out the door. Listen as he tells you about the deer feeders, the turkey feeders, the squirrels, the 4 wheeler's, the deer, the turkey, etc.

As you get to the car, open your door, turn around for one last goodbye of the night - you see his face looking up at the sky, seeing the stars and commenting on his love of setting in the swing after dark watching the stars, listening to frogs or crickets. A man loving his God and where he is.

No doubts.
No regrets.

I love these two people, I am glad they are there.

Gratitude: Thanks for Barbara and Londale and them being on the farm.
Prayer: Let their Open House be a hugh success this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I read this and then read it out loud to Marshal...thanks. When I read it to him I started crying. I cannot wait to see it Saturday. Thanks for sharing. Love ya Haylee.

Kalyn Gensic said...

wish i could be there :(

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to be coming to see this! BTW- I just talked to Jon and I think he will be coming to your house on Friday too! I told him he could sleep with me or on the floor! He was cool with any of that- I just thought I would warn you!!!!!Are you sure you are up for us? Love- Deborah

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I just told Chad the other day that I don't think I've ever seen my parents so peaceful and happy. Loved seeing you Thanksgiving week, and can't wait to see you again Saturday!!!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing such a nice blog. This is a very special place and Londale and I just love being here. It has been so exciting to fix the place up and watch it blossom. My one regret is that Momma and Daddy aren't here to see it. I think they would be happy that some one is loving it and taking care of it as best we can. I just hope all the family will feel welcome here now, as they always were when mother was here. Barbara