Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Locked!!

My sweet husband has always gone out on cold mornings and made sure there was no ice on my car and then started my car and let it warm up before I had to go get in it for work. The car would be all nice and warm for me. He always did this for his two kids when they were home also. Yesterday morning was no different, it was 20 something degrees and he did his normal routine, then went to work. A few minutes later I was off to work. The car was running, I knew it would be all warm inside - then, I tried to get in and the door was locked! I couldn't believe it, he had accidentally locked the door when he got out. I felt for my cell phone, and for the first time in months, I had not picked up my cell phone! My house key was locked inside the car. I was going to have to walk to work in 20 degree weather - and if you know me very well, you know I was not wearing a coat! I do not like to wear coats, and just going from house to car, and car to office door - there is just no need. Thank Goodness my office is just 3 1/2 blocks away. So off I go. I get to the office and realize my key to the office is also locked in the car - that is still running back home. My boss had a early morning meeting and was going to be late, so I went across the street and got her husband's key, then went back to work. Now, I called John, "Honey, my car is nice and warm I am sure, but you locked the door and I could not get in it, I had to walk to work." He said, " I didn't lock it". Me, "Okay, but somehow it is locked and is still at home, running". He - "Why didn't you get the spare key and open the door?" Me- "It is locked in the house and my house key is locked in the car!" He- "Why didn't you just call me?" Me - "I forgot my phone in the house." He - "Oh, alright, I will go see about it." He goes home, gets the spare key, unlockes the car, gets in looks around and guess what, the drivers door was the only door that was locked! He had hit it with his elbow when he got out, but all the other doors were unlocked!

Just to show how sweet he is though, he drove my car to the office for me and WALKED back home to get his pickup and go back to work.

What a way to start the day.

Gratitude: Thankful for my husband's constant thoughtfulness.
Prayer: Please help me to be as thoughtful to him and others.

5 comments:

Kalyn Gensic said...

that makes me laugh.

by the way, i have to start my own car in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

This is too Funny! Are you sure you are not LaVonne's sister instead of Odell's. This sounds exactly like something she might do! Love you! Deborah

M. Chad Durham said...

I'm the same way about coats...no one else seems to get my logic though. I suppose I get it from you!!!

By the way....LOVED the card! I'm going to frame it and put it out EVERY Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Poor Aunt Loveta --- this sounds like my kind of morning...Haylee

John Pierce said...

It's amazing how all of us Pierces have a crazy keys-locked-in-the-car story. Me and Kalyn had no chance.